You are insured from your policy inception date, but you’ll need to get your black box fitted within the first 14 days of cover, or your policy may be cancelled. The box fitting process is really straightforward.
- You can either wait for the box-fitting company to call you (normally within 48 hours) or you can give them a call to organise this. The company we use is RS Connect and you can contact them on 0121 3321240 to arrange for your black box to be fitted.
- It takes no longer than an hour to fit a black box so it won’t take up much of your time.
- We can fit your black box at your home, work or place of study, at a time convenient to you.
- Please note that we will ask for someone over 18 years of age to be present to sign for the pre and post checks conducted by the black box engineer.
- You don’t need to be present whilst the engineer is installing the black box. They’ll contact you when the fit has been completed so the post checks can be conducted.