How to make a landlord insurance claim
If you need us, we're here 24/7
Claims and emergency helpline
Call to make a claim or if you've experienced a home emergency.
If you have landlord home emergency cover, you'll get up to £1,000 towards fixing the problem. This benefit is available when you use one of our authorised tradespeople.
You can call to receive expert guidance on a variety of issues, ranging from legal and tax matters to health and safety concerns.
Help us process your claim more quickly
Before you contact us, check your policy wording to make sure you're covered. Check your excesses too, which are in your policy schedule. This document was sent to you by post or email.
When you get in touch to make your claim, please make sure you have the following to hand:
- Your policy number, which you can find in your policy schedule
- Photos of the damage
- Invoices, receipts, and proof of purchases
- Supporting documents such as policy schedule or works completed invoices
- Tenancy Agreement if applicable
- If you're registering a theft or malicious damage claim, we'll need a police crime reference number. Please ensure you have notified the police before completing your claim
What happens next?
- After you've registered your claim, it will be passed to a dedicated claims handler
- They will review the details and get in touch with the next steps
- You will usually hear from them the same day or the next working day
- We'll normally ask you to source your own repairs and get an itemised quote for this, if needed
If you have hearing or speech difficulties
You can use Relay UK via textphone by adding 18001 before dialling. Or you can download the Relay UK app on your mobile phone or tablet.
Calls may be recorded and monitored.