Every 35 seconds, someone chooses MORE THAN ^

Every 35 seconds, someone chooses MORE THAN ^

Protecting customers with insurance since 2001

Lady on telephone about broken window.
Home insurance

Home emergency cover

With our 24-hour home emergency helpline, a MORE THAN authorised tradesperson arrived within 4 hours of customers calling in 77% of cases.

Lady on telephone about broken window.

MORE THAN data from February 2022 to January 2023.

What's home emergency cover?

We include up to £200 of Home emergency assistance cover as standard. This will go up to £1,000 if you add our optional Upgraded home emergency cover to your home insurance policy.

This cover can help you avoid searching for someone to fix the problem. It also covers the cost of a tradesperson. For example, an electrician call-out fee, plus labour and material costs.

What's considered a home emergency?

A home emergency is an event that makes your home unsafe or causes damage to your home or contents. It may also result in your home losing its main source of heating, lighting or water. For example, burst pipes or a power failure.

Why choose our home emergency insurance?

You'll have access to:

24-hour helpline

Our specialist team will be on hand to provide 24-hour emergency support when you need it.

Trusted tradespeople

Get access to MORE THAN authorised tradespeople for extra peace of mind.

Boiler repairs

Up to £500 towards the cost of a new boiler if it breaks and can’t be repaired or it’s too expensive to fix*.

What's covered by our home emergency insurance?

Small detached house.
  • Burst pipes 
  • Broken doors and windows 
  • Roof damage
  • Power failure
  • Locks and keys
  • Blocked drain or toilet
  • Pest infestations
  • Boiler breakdowns
  • Overnight accommodation if your home cannot be lived in. Cover limits apply

What's not covered by our home emergency insurance?

Non-emergency repairs. If your house is safe to live in and repairs can wait for a day or more.

  • Boiler servicing or issues caused by a lack of care or servicing
  • Normal use or ageing or general maintenance repairs, like a dripping tap 
  • If you have two toilets in your house and one becomes blocked. This isn’t a plumbing or drainage emergency if you still have access to a toilet
  • Problems in unoccupied properties. If your property has been vacant for more than 60 days in a row
  • Any incident that occurs in the first 7 days of the start of your home emergency cover

*Does emergency cover include boiler breakdown?

We'll pay up to £500 towards the cost of a new boiler if it breaks and can't be repaired or it's too expensive to fix. This means it costs more than a new boiler of similar make and model, including installation. Terms apply.

Get your home emergency cover

Up to £200 cover is included as standard. You can get in touch to upgrade your cover for more benefits.

Home emergency cover booklet

Learn more about our home emergency cover in our booklet.

Important information

*Your boiler must be serviced annually with a registered tradesperson. Boilers over 15 years old or with an output of 60kW or more will not be covered.