Accidental damage insurance
What is accidental damage home insurance?
Choose the following add-ons:
- Buildings accidental damage
- Contents accidental damage.
What does accidental damage insurance cover?
Accidental damage insurance cover
Breakage or damage while your home has been left unoccupied or unfurnished for more than 60 days in a row
Clothing, contact lenses and deterioration of food
Wear and tear, this is normal aging of your belongings, such as frayed cushions or fading of curtain fabric from the sun
Claims under £250 will not be covered
Damage caused on purpose
A claim that requires urgent attention, considered to be a home emergency, such as loss of heating
Buildings accidental damage cover
This option covers you for accidental damage to the structure of your home, including pipework, kitchens and bathroom fittings.
- Breakage of drains and pipes and accidental damage to cables and underground tanks providing services to or from your home
- Breakage of glass, ceramic hobs or tops or bathroom fittings fixed to and forming part of your home
- Putting your foot through a ceiling or damaging a worktop.
Contents accidental damage cover
Includes belongings in your home that may need to be repaired or replaced if accidentally damaged.
- Breakage of mirrors, ceramic hobs or any glass in furniture such as glass tables or cabinets
- Damage to television, satellite, video, audio and computer equipment
- Damage to all other contents, such as knocking over a vase.
Will I be covered for damage caused by children?
Children will be children and accidents happen, so it’s useful to have cover against damage in your home and help pay for repairs and replacements you might have to make.
Will I be covered for damage caused by pets?
Great news, we cover for damage caused by pets or animals. We know pets are family and even they have accidents too.
Accidental damage for TVs, phones and laptops
We’ll cover the cost to repair or replace your gadgets if accidentally damaged in your home.
If you would like to be covered outside of your home, our personal possessions add-on option may be suitable for you.
Should I get accidental damage cover?
Accidental damage cover gives reassurance if an accident happens in your home and we’ll help towards the repair and replacement of the item.
You’ll have to pay a £250 compulsory excess for a claim.