Every 35 seconds, someone chooses MORE THAN ^

Every 35 seconds, someone chooses MORE THAN ^

Protecting customers with insurance since 2001

Broken television and pot plant fallen over.
Home insurance

Accidental damage insurance

Accidents happen, but our accidental damage insurance can help cover against unexpected mishaps at home.

Broken television and pot plant fallen over.

What's accidental damage insurance?

Accidental damage insurance is an optional home insurance add-on. You can buy it when you get a policy with us or add it to your existing MORE THAN cover.

It covers your buildings, contents or both against unintentional damage at home. This includes things like dropping your mobile or spilling wine over your carpet.

It's different to home emergency cover, where you need urgent repairs to make your home safe.

Why choose our accidental damage insurance?

You'll be covered for things like:

TVs, phones and laptops

If your gadgets get damaged in your home by accident, we’ll cover the cost to repair or replace them. For cover outside of your home, our personal possessions cover may be more suitable.

Children and pets

Children and pets have accidents too, which is why accidental damage caused by them is also covered.

Soft furnishings

Food and drink can spill on your carpets and furniture, so having extra peace of mind might be a good idea.

Boy behind chair.

What's covered by our accidental damage insurance?

  • Electronic devices including mobiles - Breakages to mobiles, laptops and other electronic equipment at home. For example, if you drop your mobile on the floor and the screen smashes
  • Soft furnishing - Includes spills on your soft furnishings, carpets and furniture
  • Mirrors and glass - Breakages to mirrors and glass in your home, like a glass coffee table
  • Buildings cover - The structure of your home including kitchen and bathroom fittings
  • Windows and doors - Accidentally breaking a windowpane of glass
  • Accidental damage by children - Damage caused by children knocking over your household items, such as kicking a ball through a window or smashing a television
  • Accidental damage by pets - Pets causing damage to your furniture and soft furnishings by chewing, tearing or scratching

What's not covered by our accidental damage insurance?

  • Urgent home emergencies - Claims that need urgent attention, including loss of heating
  • Normal use or ageing - Normal ageing of your belongings, such as frayed cushions or fading of curtain fabric from the sun
  • Deliberate damage - Intentionally causing damage to your home, like spilling paint over your carpet to get a new one
  • Claims under £250 - A fixed excess applies for a claim. You might want to check if the value of your belongings or replacing an item in your home is worth over this amount
  • Home left unoccupied - Breakage or damage while your home has been left unoccupied or unfurnished for more than 60 days in a row
  • Clothing, contact lenses and deterioration of food

See our home insurance policy wording for full exclusions.

Get your accidental damage cover

You'll need to add accidental damage cover when purchasing our home insurance. If you're an existing customer with us, please contact us.