We sell a policy every two minutes ^

We sell a policy every two minutes ^

Trustpilot logo, great rating.

Protecting customers with insurance since 2001

Boy on chair with toy dropped.
Home insurance

Contents insurance

On average, our contents insurance customers pay £69 a year.

Boy on chair with toy dropped.

Excludes optional extras. Based on new customers who purchased upgraded or primary (standard) contents cover. MORE THAN data from 1 July to 31 December 2020.

What's included

You'll receive up to £100,000 contents cover as standard and up to £200 home emergency assistance* when you use our authorised tradespeople to stop a leak or secure your home after a break-in.

* Must use a MORE THAN authorised tradesperson. The cover is not available for the first 7 days the policy is taken out.

Couple wearing a necklace and ear rings.

Valuable items

Your jewellery, watches and personal computers are the most likely things to be taken if your home is broken into. For added peace of mind, these types of valuable belongings will be covered up to £1,000 per item, up to a total of £7,500 as standard (can be increased to £30,000). If you own any items worth more than £1,000, you'll need to tell us about them and also tell us if you want them to be covered when taken outside of your home.

Broken television and plant fallen over.

Accidental damage

For those 'oops!' moments in your home, you can add Accidental Damage cover to your contents insurance policy to cover your TVs, computer equipment, carpets and furniture.

£250 compulsory excess applies to an accidental damage claim.

Man walking with mobile phone.

Personal possessions

To cover your everyday items that you take out of your home (worth under £1,000) from loss or damage, you'll need to add personal possessions cover.

Start a home insurance quote

Lady watering window box.

Our upgraded contents cover is rated 5 Star by Moneyfacts

Cover for loss or damage to items in your garden and for your contents temporarily removed from home are just some of the benefits included.

Moneyfacts logo home insurance awarded 5 stars from 2017 to 2021.

Upgraded contents cover

You'll get up to £2,000 cover for contents in your garden, such as garden furniture and barbecues.

For one month before and after a special event such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday, you’ll benefit from an extra 10% contents cover.

Yours or your family's belongings will also be covered up to £11,250 when they are temporarily removed from the home within the British Isles, so it's perfect if you have children living away at university.