On average, our contents insurance customers pay £78 a year.
Excludes optional extras. Based on new customers who purchased Upgraded or Primary contents cover. MORE THAN data from 1 February 2022 to 31 January 2023..
5 Star rated Upgraded contents cover
We’ve been awarded a Moneyfacts 5 Star rating for 7 years running.
What is contents insurance and do I need it?
Contents insurance covers the items in your home that could be taken with you if you moved house, like furniture, televisions, laptops, jewellery and clothing. Insured events include theft, fire, water leaks, vandalism, malicious damage, and storms and flooding.
If you’re a homeowner, student, tenant or landlord, this type of insurance could be for you.
Why choose our contents insurance?
Our cover comes with a number of benefits included as standard.
Up to £100,000 contents cover
We'll cover your contents if the worst should happen.
Up to £15,000 alternative accommodation.
Up to £7,500 for home office equipment
Ideal for those who work from home.
What's covered by our contents insurance?
Insured events include theft, fire, water leaks, vandalism, malicious damage, and storms and flooding. So you'll be covered if any of the following items are lost, damaged or stolen:
- Clothes and accessories
- Televisions, laptops and mobile phones
- Audio and video equipment
- Kitchen appliances
- Jewellery and antiques
- Office equipment
When getting a home insurance quote, you’ll need to specify any items worth over £1,000 that you take out of the home. We’ll also need to know about any high-risk items, like jewellery, paintings, TV or computers, that might be more likely to be stolen.
What's not included in our contents cover
- Any damage resulting from normal use or ageing. For example, fading curtains or worn cushions
- Theft from any garage or outbuilding over £3,000
Full exclusions can be found in our policy wording.
Choose contents insurance to suit you
We offer 2 levels of cover – Primary and Upgraded. If you want to get Upgraded cover, select this as an optional add-on when getting home insurance with us.
Both cover levels include:
- Up to £100,000 home contents cover
- Up to £200 home emergency assistance (Must use a MORE THAN authorised tradesperson*)
- Up to £15,000 for alternative accommodation
- Up to £1,000 for locks and keys
- Up to £500 for freezer food
- Up to £7,500 for home office equipment
Our Upgraded cover has these extra benefits:
- We’ll increase your contents cover by 10% before and after a special event, like Christmas, birthdays or an anniversary
- Up to £2,000 garden contents cover, including lawnmowers and garden tools. Plus up to £2,000 for trees, plants, hedges and shrubs
- Up to £11,250 for your children's contents when they go to college or university
These cover options can only be added when you choose home insurance with us. This can be contents and buildings or each as standalone cover:
Looking for a different home insurance?
*Home emergency assistance is not available for the first 7 days after the policy is taken out.