Every 35 seconds, someone chooses MORE THAN ^

Every 35 seconds, someone chooses MORE THAN ^

Protecting customers with insurance since 2001

Man walking with his mobile.
Home insurance

Personal possessions insurance

You can cover your valuables against loss outside the home, giving you extra peace of mind.

Man walking with his mobile.

What's personal possessions insurance?

Personal possessions insurance covers your everyday belongings against loss outside the home. This includes mobile phones, laptops, clothing, jewellery, musical instruments and sports equipment.

It's an optional add-on that you can buy with, or add to, your home insurance policy. You'll need to contact us if you'd like to upgrade your existing policy with us.

Why choose our personal possessions insurance?

You'll benefit from:

Away from home cover

Cover your belongings against loss or accidental damage when you're away from home in the UK. We'll cover you for up to 60 days worldwide.

Up to £1,000 cover for each item under unspecified items

We’ll protect your belongings that are worth less than £1,000 each up to the unspecified limit chosen.

Over £1,000 cover for specified items

We'll cover your belongings worth over £1,000 each. Make sure you tell us about these when you get a home insurance quote.

What's covered by personal possessions cover?

Plant, lamp and sound system.

We cover unspecified items worth under £1,000 each and specified items worth over £1,000 each.

Please tell us the total amount of unspecified items you would like when you get a home insurance quote with us. You should also let us know about any specified items.

Examples of personal possessions include:

  • Mobile phones
  • Laptops and tablets
  • Clothing
  • Jewellery and watches
  • Sports equipment
  • Musical instruments
  • Binoculars and photographic equipment
  • Hearing aids and portable medical machines

What's not covered by personal possessions insurance?

  • Accidental damage that happens at home
  • Bicycles
  • Domestic home appliances, like fridges and cookers
  • Money and credit cards
  • If your home has been left unoccupied for 60 days or more

See our home insurance policy wording for full exclusions.

Get your personal possessions insurance

You'll need to add personal possessions cover when purchasing our home insurance. If you're an existing customer, please contact us to upgrade your cover.