Buildings insurance

Get buildings insurance from £96 a year

Excludes optional extras. Based on 10% of 297 new customers. MORE TH>N data April 18 – September 18.
You'll receive up to £1 million buildings cover and home emergency assistance (cover to £200) as standard. If you discover a leak or break-in one of our authorised tradespeople will come out to your home to stop a leak or secure your home.
Keys on hooks

Locks and keys

If you lose your home's external door keys or they're stolen, you'll be covered up to £1,000 to replace them. Accidental damage to external door locks is also covered but mechanical failure isn’t. Safes and alarms in your home are also included (£25 excess applies). 

Bed in front of window

Alternative accommodation

If your home becomes uninhabitable as a result of an insured event such as fire or flood, we'll provide up to £30,000 cover to temporarily rehome you and anyone who normally lives with you including any pets. If you choose to upgrade your buildings insurance, you'll be covered up to £100,000.

Glass of water and vase on table

Accidental damage

If you’ve selected our accidental damage cover, you'll be covered for unexpected mishaps that damage your home, such as DIY disasters, broken windows and pipes, as well as damage to cables or underground tanks providing a service to your home. Find out more about additional cover options.


Our upgraded buildings cover is rated 5 Star by Moneyfacts.

You'll get increased alternative accommodation plus trace and access cover to repair damage caused by tracing a leak.
Stock poured into casserole dish

Trace and access

If you purchase our upgraded buildings insurance, you'll get up to £5,000 trace and access cover. This means after a leak has been fixed, we'll replace any part of your home such as flooring that's been damaged in order to locate a heating or water system leak.

Home buildings insurance

Increased alternative accommodation

With our upgraded cover, you'll benefit from increased alternative accommodation cover up to £100,000, if your home is uninhabitable after an incident such as a fire or flood.


Need help?

Looking for another home insurance page?