Protecting customers with insurance since 2001

Protecting customers with insurance since 2001

Lady riding red bicycle.
Home insurance

Bicycle insurance

Find out how your bicycle is covered with our home insurance.

Lady riding red bicycle.

What is bicycle insurance?

This covers the cost of replacing or repairing your bike if it's stolen or damaged in your home.

You can get additional cover if you'd like to cover your bike away from home.

Your bicycle cover with MORE THAN

Our contents insurance covers bikes that are stolen from your home. 

If you'd like to cover your bikes when you take them out, you'll need personal possessions cover.

With this additional cover, your bikes will be covered anywhere in the UK and for up to 90 days abroad. Electric bikes, tricycles, unicycles and accessories are included. Accessories including pumps, helmets and light are covered too.

What are my options?

You could get bicycle cover to suit your needs.

Bicycle cover with our contents insurance​

Contents insurance covers your bike when it's in your home. Our Standard and Extra policies also cover your bike if it's stolen from a locked outbuilding.

Bicycle cover with our personal possessions add-on

If you add personal possessions cover, we'll cover bikes worth under £2,000 up to your chosen limit.

You'll need to tell us about any bikes worth over £2,000 that you take away from home.

Bicycle cover doesn't include

  • Any damage which occurs over time as a result of wear and tear. Like thinning of tyres
  • Competitive racing
  • If you don't lock up your bike securely and it gets stolen or damaged

See our home insurance policy wording for full exclusions.