Cover for loss and damage out of the home.
What is bicycle insurance?
Bicycle or pedal cycle insurance covers the cost of replacing or repairing your bike if stolen or damaged outside the home.
Depending on your needs, our home contents covers your bikes in the home and when stored securely in sheds or garages. If you choose our upgraded home contents cover your bike will also be covered against theft and vandalism in your garden, but won't be covered away from your home you will need our pedal cycle (bicycle) add-on cover.
What does bicycle insurance cover
Your bikes are often at risk of being stolen when out and about. For added peace of mind you can insure your family’s bikes against loss or damage up to £2,500 per bicycle in the UK and up to 60 days worldwide (excludes bikes with motors).
Excess is £25.
What's not included
- Everyday wear of your bike, such as thinning of tyres
- Competitive racing
- If you don't lock up your bike securely
See our home insurance policy wording for full exclusions.
Keeping your bicycle safe
Here are some top tips on how to keep your bike safe:
- Make detailed notes and take photographs of your bike, including the make, model, colour and any distinguishing features
- Mark it, this helps the police identify your bike as yours
- Keep it locked, using a good quality lock
- When out and about, lock both wheels and the frame of your bicycle to the bike stand when not in use
- Keep your bike in a garage, locked shed or somewhere secure at home, using an immovable device, like a ground anchor
- Never leave your bike alone and unsecured, even ‘just for a minute’.