On average, our customers pay £189 a year for landlord insurance*
Excludes optional extras. New customers only. MORE THAN data from January to June 2022.
What is landlord insurance?
Landlord insurance is specifically designed to cover rented properties if things go wrong. Ordinary home insurance might not give you the right amount of cover, but our landlord insurance will cover your investment - including malicious and accidental damage as standard.**
Claims range from falling trees and spillages, to fire damage and burst pipes.
Landlord insurance isn't a legal requirement, but is often needed for buy-to-let mortgages.
Why choose our landlord cover?
You'll get the following benefits as standard:
Help when you need it most
- Choose from 4 individual helplines, so you get help when you need it most
- This includes our tax, counselling, legal expenses, and health and safety helplines
What you see is what you get
- You'll get malicious and accidental damage included as standard with your landlord insurance**
Alternative accommodation cover
- We'll help if your property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured event and your tenants need to move out temporarily
- Alternative accommodation costs included with our optional loss of rent cover will ensure you won't be out of pocket***
Landlord insurance rated by experts
What's covered by our landlord insurance
You'll be covered for
Landlord buildings insurance - your property's external and internal structures will be covered against major unexpected events or damage, like fire, flood, burst pipes, vandalism and theft
Malicious damage, riots or civil commotion - we'll help with the repairs needed to get your property back to a lettable condition.**
Accidental damage - if you accidentally break a window or slip and put a foot through the ceiling**
Subsidence - optional for commercial premises
You won't be covered for
Malicious damage, riots or civil commotion - if the property has been unoccupied for over 45 days
Accidental damage - if the property has been unoccupied for over 45 days
Property damage over £25,000 - if caused by tenants who are cultivating controlled substances
Accidental escape of water - like if an automatic sprinker is left on when the building is unoccupied
Choose from our optional extras
Once you have landlord insurance with us, you can add cover to suit your needs:
Home emergency cover
- Our home emergency cover pays up to £1,000 to cover repair costs
- Any incident that occurs during the first 7 days following the start of your home emergency cover isn't covered
- If there's a water leak or break in at your property, we'll send one of our authorised tradespeople to fix it
*MORE THAN data from January to June 2022. Excludes optional extras. New customers only.
**Subject to tenant's employment status.
***Residential property only.