What's included in my landlord insurance cover?

Our cover is designed for anyone who rents out a residential property and includes the following:

Landlord buildings insurance

For added peace of mind, your property's external and internal structures will be covered against major unexpected events or damage such as:

  • Fire
  • Flood and burst pipes
  • Vandalism
  • Theft

Malicious damage

It's every landlord's worst nightmare, discovering that disgruntled tenants have deliberately damaged your property, but with our landlord insurance, there's no need to worry. We'll cover the repairs needed to return your property to a lettable condition (subject to tenant type).

Accidental damage

Unfortunately accidents happen but thanks to our landlord insurance, accidental damage caused by tenants is covered as standard (subject to tenant type), meaning you won’t have to foot the bill for repairs.


Property Owners (Public) liability insurance

When you let out a property to tenants, you have a legal responsibility to make sure the property is safe and free from health hazards. This includes getting a registered engineer to do an annual gas safety check.

If a claim is made against you, our policy provides claims cover for up to £2 million as standard, with the option to increase the limit to £5 million.

Why choose our cover?

You'll get the following benefits as standard:
Freephone 24/7 advice line

We're here to help with any legal, health & safety or other landlord-related issues when you need it most.

Accidental damage

Our cover includes accidental damage to your property whether it is caused by you or your tenants.

Landlord insurance from £11 a month

With interest-free monthly payments. Based on 10% of 615 new customers. Includes any applicable discounts. MORE THAN data July 2019 - December 2019.

What is landlord insurance?

Why do I need it?

Whether you’re renting out your own home or have a property portfolio, you want your rental property to look after itself.  That's why we take the worry out of being a landlord with our comprehensive landlord insurance. From loss of rent insurance and alternative accommodation for your tenants, to protection from fire or theft, we’ve got your investment covered.

Ordinary home insurance covers just buildings and contents which is often insufficient with some lenders even insisting that you have more comprehensive cover in place. That’s where landlord home insurance comes in, having been specifically designed to ensure your rental property is properly protected.

Our simple landlord home insurance covers you for the main risks you could encounter as a landlord of a property. We also provide optional extra levels of cover, that you can add to your cover, such as contents insurance if your property is furnished. 

Add cover to suit your needs

with these optional extras:

Landlord contents insurance

If you are letting your property out furnished, you can add contents insurance to your policy to protect any items in the property that you have provided for use by your tenants i.e white goods and furniture.

Contents cover upgrade up to £5,000, £10,000, £25,000 or £50,000.

Loss of rent cover

You can add loss of rental income cover to your landlord insurance policy. If your property is damaged and you make a claim, you'll be covered for loss of rent as well as alternative accommodation for your tenants if they're not able to live there while repairs are being made.

Home emergency cover

If you or your tenants discover a water leak or your property is broken into, we'll send one of our authorised tradespeople to stop the leak or make your home safe and secure. Add Home Emergency to your policy and we’ll pay up to £1,000 to cover the cost.

Home Emergency upgrade cover for just £50 including boiler breakdown. Excludes boilers over 15 years old. Boiler must be serviced annually. Must use a MORE THAN authorised tradesperson.

Looking for commercial landlord cover?

If you own one or a portfolio of business or commercial properties, our commercial landlord insurance offers the right level of cover at a competitive price.

Find out more and start a quote


Looking for something else?

View the policy wording and essential information, make a claim and find out more about the discounts available to existing customers