Our landlord insurance explained

If you let a property to tenants, you'll need cover that's not provided by ordinary home insurance.

Rest assured, our comprehensive cover is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, an independent financial researcher.
And that’s not all, you'll also get the following benefits, as standard:
Freephone 24/7 advice line

We're help to help with any legal, health & safety or other landlord-related issues when you need it most.

Accidental damage

Our cover includes accidental damage to your property whether it is caused by you or your tenants.

15% multi-property discount

Standard conditions and minimum premiums apply. Discount revoked if first policy cancelled.

UK-based call centres

Our friendly sales, service and claims teams are always happy to assist you.

2 year fixed price promise, even if you claim

Cover from £11 a month and 0% APR. Pay the same price next year when you renew the same cover *. Certain types of claims may prevent us offering renewal. Based on 10% of new customers. MORE TH>N data March – September 16.

Our cover is designed for anyone who rents out a residential property.

We'll cover loss of your rental income following an insured event, plus the following:
Landlord Home Insurance 5 Star Defaqto logo

Buildings insurance

For added peace of mind, your property's external and internal structures will be covered against major unexpected events or damage such as:

  • Fire
  • Flood & burst pipes
  • Vandalism
  • Theft
person holding a phone sat at a desk

Public liability insurance

When you let out a property, you have legal safety responsibilities to maintain your property so it's safe and free from health hazards for your tenants. This includes getting a registered engineer do an annual gas safety check.

If a claim is made against you, our policy can provide cover for claims up to £5 million.

piles of magazines open on coffee table

Commercial landlord cover

If you own one or a portfolio of business or commercial properties, our commercial landlord insurance offers the right level of cover at a competitive price.

Do you own a part or fully furnished property that you let to tenants?

You can add cover options such as contents insurance and home emergency to your policy.
dining table with windows in background

Contents insurance

You have the option to add furniture and contents insurance to protect the items you own and have provided for your tenants to use while they live in your property.

row of terraced houses

Home emergency

If you or your tenant's discover a water leak or your property is broken into, we'll send one of our authorised tradespeople to stop the leak or make your home safe and secure. Add Home Emergency to your policy and we’ll pay up to £1,000 to cover the cost. 

Need to check your policy details?

Download the policy wording below:

Frequently asked questions

Looking for another landlord insurance page?