Home insurance: what we cover

We hope you'll never need to make a claim on your home insurance, but should the unexpected happen, you can rely on us to help you out.

From home emergency cover to alternative accommodation after a fire or flood (cover limits apply), we’ll be there to help return your home to normal. Here's what you can expect as standard:
Cover for your home

Your home is your biggest investment, so you'll get up to £1 million buildings cover as standard.

Belongings in your home

You'll get up to £100,000 contents cover for the things inside your home (limits apply).

Alternative accommodation

If after a flood or fire your home is uninhabitable, we'll find you, your family and pets a place to stay while repair works are carried out (cover limits apply).

UK-based call centres

Our friendly sales, service and claims teams are always happy to assist you.

5 Star rated* cover from £110 a year

*Rating by Moneyfacts. Excludes optional extras. Based on 10% of 262 new customers who bought upgraded buildings and contents cover. MORE TH>N data April 18 – September 18.

What's included in our home insurance?

From your furniture to your roof tiles, new for old and storm damage cover are some of the key benefits included as standard:
dining room with wooden furniture

New for old

In the event of loss or damage, we’ll replace items such as carpets and furniture (if they can't be repaired) with new ones.

pegs on a washing line in a garden

Storm damage to your home

Although a period of bad weather is unlikely to cause damage to your home, a violent storm could cause significant damage. If you lose any roof tiles, or worse, we'll help to repair it. Although damage to fences, hedges and gates isn't covered.

What isn't covered with our home insurance?

There are some things that happen to items both inside and outside of your home that aren't included. We've shared some typical examples below:
cleaning products on a worktop

Wear and tear

This occurs naturally and is an inevitable part of ageing.  You wouldn't be covered for damage caused by rust, damp, condensation, fading and frost, or the effects of tasks such as cleaning, repairing and restoration of items in your home.

barbeque and plant pots in garden

Storm damage to fences, hedges and gates

These items aren't covered in the event of a storm or flood. So make sure everything is secured outdoors if a period of violent stormy weather is forecast. A period of bad weather wouldn't be expected to cause damage to a well-maintained home.

What other cover options are available with our home insurance?

If you upgrade your buildings cover, one of the key benefits is trace and access cover, and you can add accidental damage cover to your building or contents insurance for those 'oops!' moments.
wooden floorboards and plant in background

Trace and access

If you purchase our upgraded buildings insurance, one of the key benefits is that you'll get up to £5,000 trace and access cover. This means after a leak has been fixed, we'll replace any part of your home that's been damaged in order to locate a water or heating system leak such as flooring. If water freezing in your pipes has caused the leak, we'll also repair the damaged pipe.

handwash and sponge on a sinktop

Accidental damage

For those 'oops!' moments in your home such as leaving a tap running or spilling paint on your carpet, you have the option to add accidental damage cover to your contents or buildings insurance (£250 excess applies).

And that’s not all, other additional cover options are available.

Legal Services and Home Emergency Cover policy wording

Legal Services policy wording

Home Emergency Cover policy wording

Need help?

Looking for another home insurance page?