Due to the scale of flooding caused by recent torrential rainfall, we've called in additional support teams to help you if you live in an area affected by flooding.
Call us 24 hours a day
Our emergency helpline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - 0800 300 684.
If you have a question about your cover or need to make a claim, you can register your claim online or call us on 0330 100 7783. Calls may be recorded and monitored.
How to prepare for a flood
As further rainfall and flooding is expected across the UK, we have put together some advice for home owners and small businesses at risk of the rising water levels.
- Listen out for flood warnings on your local TV and radio stations. Environment Agency website has a 24-hour information service called Floodline available on 0845 988 1188.
- Use sandbags to help protect your home from flooding - your local council may be able to provide them.
- Keep your insurance policy documents in a water-tight bag in a safe place.
- Keep a note of any MORE TH>N numbers handy on the back page of of your policy wording.
- Prepare a 'Flood Pack' which includes a torch, battery-operated radio (with spare batteries), a first aid kit, warm clothes, blankets and bottles of water. Keep it in a safe place.
- Be prepared to move furniture and valuable items upstairs or to a safe place, out of danger in case there is a flood. Remember to include items like photos and valuable paperwork.
- If you receive warnings of imminent flooding, be ready to switch off gas and electricity supplies but listen for advice on your local radio station. If water levels start to enter your home or business, turn off the gas and the electricity at the main fuse board.