What’s included in my home insurance policy?

Find out what your home insurance covers.

Included as standard

Your cover will depend on the product you have purchased, so it's a good idea to check your policy schedule.

If you quoted for your policy on or after the 18th October 2015, please view the Home Choice Policy Wording (for policies quoted on or after 18th October 2015) and have a look below at what's included as standard.

If you quoted or purchased your policy before 18th October please check your policy schedule or view Home Choice Policy Wording (for policies quoted before 18th October 2015).

Upgrading your cover

When you purchase our upgraded cover on buildings and contents insurance you'll benefit from protection that's been awarded 5 stars by Defaqto, an independent researcher.

Buildings insurance

As standard our buildings insurance includes:

  • £1,000,000 buildings cover
  • £30,000 alternative accommodation for you and your pets
  • £200 home emergency assistance
  • £1,000,000 owners liability cover
  • £1,000 locks and keys cover

Upgraded buildings cover

When you purchase our buildings insurance upgrade cover, in addition to the standard primary buildings cover above, you'll also benefit from:

  • £5,000 trace and access cover
  • Increased alternative accommodation cover up to £100,000

Contents insurance

As standard our contents insurance includes:

  • £100,000 contents cover
  • £15,000 alternative accommodation for you and your pets
  • New for old replacements
  • £7,500 business equipment cover
  • £1,000 locks and keys cover
  • £500 money in the home
  • £500 freezer food cover
  • £2,500 deeds and documents cover
  • £2,500 data downloads cover
  • £1,000,000 personal and occupiers liability cover
  • £10,000,000 employers liability cover

Upgraded contents cover

Our upgraded contents cover provides the following, in addition to the standard cover above:

Additional cover options

There are also some great optional extras and add-ons for you to choose from.

If you wish to check a particular aspect of your policy, please get in touch using one of the options below.

  • £2,000 contents in the open
  • £11,250 cover for contents temporarily removed from the home
  • £2,000 garden cover for trees and shrubs
  • 10% contents cover increase for special events such as Christmas and weddings
  • £15,000 tenants liability cover
  • Tenants improvements cover
  • £2,000 cover for accidental loss of metered water or oil

Contact us

Call us during opening hours

Please note that charges may apply if you call from your mobile phone. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

0330 100 7823

Monday to Friday, 8AM to 8PM | Saturday, 9AM to 5PM | Sunday, 9AM to 4PM.