Does my home insurance cover me for transportable items such as mobile phones and laptops?

Find out how to cover items you take away from the home such as mobile phones, laptops and bicycles.

Transportable items such as mobile phones and bicycles are covered if you take out the appropriate cover on your home insurance; you'll need to add need Personal Possessions Cover as they're taken outside your home.

Bicycles generally have their own specific cover section within your home policy and provide cover whilst your bicycle is away from the home in case of theft.

Find out more

To find out more about personal possessions cover and bicycle cover please go to the add-ons and extra cover page

You can also get in touch using one of the options below.

Contact us

Call us during opening hours

Please note that charges may apply if you call from your mobile phone. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

0330 100 7823

Monday to Friday, 8AM to 8PM | Saturday, 9AM to 5PM | Sunday, 9AM to 4PM.