Am I covered if I work from home?

Employers liability, personal liability and whether you're covered if you work from home or run a business from home.

Our standard home contents insurance covers business equipment in your home. It covers your computers, fax machine, printer or any other office equipment for up to £7,500.

Working from home

Whether you're covered when you're working at home depends on the type of work that you're doing. If you are bringing your laptop home from the office then it's not a problem.

If you run a business from home, we are unable to insure any risks which are to be insured in the name of a company. Find out more about MORE TH>N policies for businesses.


We also offer up to £1 million personal liability cover and up to £10 million employers liability cover in our home contents insurance. 

People who work in your home, such as cleaners or gardeners, are covered under your home policy. 

However, our home liability cover excludes any liability arising from employment, trade, professions or business of any of your family.

If you run a business from your home then you need a specialist public liability policy.

Further information

For more detailed information either contact us using the options below or view our Home Choice Policy Wording (for policies quoted on or after 18th October 2015)

Contact us

Email or call

Please include your policy number, name and personal contact information and for security reasons, please don't send payment information via email. We’ll respond to your message within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.

Please note that charges may apply if you call from your mobile phone. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

0330 102 3627

Monday to Friday, 8AM to 8PM | Saturday, 9AM to 5PM | Sunday, 9AM to 4PM.