Am I covered for blocked or broken drains and pipes?

Find out more about our cover here.

If you bought our standard buildings policy, you’re covered for damage to underground pipes and cables that service your home and you are legally responsible for.

This cover is for damage caused by any of the following:

Water or oil leaking
Malicious damage
Landslip or heave
Falling trees or branches

If you chose to add accidental damage cover to your buildings policy, you’re also covered for accidental breakage.  This also extends to accidental damage to cables and underground tanks that service your home and you're legally responsible for.

If you bought our upgraded cover, you’re also covered for tracing and accessing water or oil leaks in your home from your heating or water system.  This means we’d pay the cost to repair any part of your building damaged to locate the leak such as removing flooring, up to the policy limit.

Our policies don’t cover blockages, unless they’re the result of damage caused by the above.

Contact us

Email or call

Please include your policy number, name and personal contact information and for security reasons, please don't send payment information via email. We’ll respond to your message within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.

Please note that charges may apply if you call from your mobile phone. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

0330 102 3627

Monday to Friday, 8AM to 8PM | Saturday, 9AM to 5PM | Sunday, 9AM to 4PM.