If you’re a MORE TH>N customer and have been affected by the recent flooding, please get in touch if you need help or advice.
Due to the scale of flooding caused by recent torrential rainfall, we've called in additional support teams to help you if you live in an area affected by flooding.
Call us 24 hours a day
The MORE TH>N claims helplines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you have a question or need to make a claim, please contact us
How to prepare for a flood
As further rainfall and flooding is expected across the UK, we have put together some advice for home owners and small businesses at risk of the rising water levels.
- Listen out for flood warnings on your local TV and radio stations. Environment Agency website has a 24-hour information service called Floodline available on 0845 988 1188.
- Use sandbags to help protect your home from flooding - your local council may be able to provide them.
- Keep your insurance policy documents in a water-tight bag in a safe place.
- Keep a note of any MORE TH>N numbers handy. For all the contact information you may need go to our Contact Us section.
- Prepare a 'Flood Pack' which includes a torch, battery-operated radio (with spare batteries), a first aid kit, warm clothes, blankets and bottles of water. Keep it in a safe place.
- Be prepared to move furniture and valuable items upstairs or to a safe place, out of danger in case there is a flood. Remember to include items like photos and valuable paperwork.
- If you receive warnings of imminent flooding, be ready to switch off gas and electricity supplies but listen for advice on your local radio station. If water levels start to enter your home or business, turn off the gas and the electricity at the main fuse board.
Coping with extreme weather
For further information, we have also prepared some help and advice on coping with extreme weather