Am I covered for driving abroad?

We provide a basic level of cover to drive abroad in certain countries.  This allows you to drive in:

  • >any country which is a member of the European Union, and
  • >any other country which meets the motor insurance directives of, and which is approved by, the European Commission. For more information about what countries are included, please go to the Direct Gov motoring section

We will not be able to provide a temporary hire car if you are involved in an incident whilst abroad.

Foreign use extension

If you pay an extra premium, we will give you a foreign use extension.

This will extend the cover you have under section 2, loss and damage to your car and section 3, fire and theft to your car in the British Isles, to those countries covered by the foreign use extension. 

This extensions lasts for the time your car is in, or is being transported to or from, those countries.

We will not be able to provide a temporary hire car if you are involved in an incident whilst abroad

When driving abroad

When you're driving abroad please make sure you take with you the following insurance documents

  • >Your Certificate of Motor Insurance. 
  • >The European accident statement. 

Further information and to add the foreign use extension

In your policy booklet there is a section on what to do if you take your car abroad.

For more information about driving abroad and to extend your cover, please get in touch using one of the options below.




Please call us on 0330 102 2911.

Please note that charges may apply if you call from your mobile phone. Calls may be recorded and monitored.

Opening times

  • Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
  • Saturday, 9am to 5pm
  • Sunday, 9am to 4pm.
Email & Post>


For general enquiries please Email

For claims please Email

When you Email us please include your policy number, name and personal contact information, and if you're making a claim, as much detail about the claim as possible. For security reasons, please don't send us payment information by Email.

We’ll respond to your Email within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.


You can also write to us at:

MORE TH>N Customer Services
PO Box 825
Colmore Gate
B3 2AY

Thanks for your feedback

Please don't enter any personal information (such as your policy number, email address or password) in the box above.

More For Our Customers

MORE TH>N - News and Information

MORE TH>N brings you all the news and information about what we cover, what we do and what that means for you, including flood advice.

Customer loyalty discount

You already trust us with your insurance, so we want to thank you by offering you a great deal on other selected insurance products.